Welcome to TIFR Centre For Applicable Mathematics
About TIFR CAM
The TIFR Centre in Bangalore is a part of the School of Mathematics of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai. The Centre arose and evolved through efforts of the School, since the mid-seventies, to develop areas in applicable mathematics. Over the period, a sizable group of mathematicians was built at the Centre with expertise in the general area. Many of renowned mathematicians from India and abroad have contributed to the development of the Centre.
Research at advanced level is currently pursued at the Centre in both theoretical and numerical aspects of differential equations, especially in the following topics:
1. Applications of Nonlinear Functional Analysis in the Study of Differential Equations.
2. Control Aspects of Partial Differential Equations.
3. Hyperbolic Equations and Conservation Laws.
4. Homogenization and Solid Fluid Interactions.
5. Numerical Analysis of PDE (Special Reference to Atmospheric Dynamics).
6. Microlocal Analysis
Workshop / Conference
- Internship : Visiting Student Research Programme 2017
- Open position : Library Trainee ( Link will be active from 31.12.2016 )
- Project assistant and Post-doc positions under Airbus project (10.07.2015)
- Airbus-TIFR Internships
Tender and other notices
- Tender for hiring vehicles ( Last date : 14th February, 2017 )